Sonntag, 19. August 2012

How to build a Windows 8 Start Menu

Recently I read  How to Get the Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 from How-To-Geek.

Having my toolbar attached to the left it creates a menu near the left bottom corner. That is great.

The only problem is, that there are two start menu folder

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

and

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

To combine the two folders into one I create this little PowerShell function, which creates or updates a combined version at C:\Startmenu.

All to do to complete the trick is to use this path instead of the above pathes given by How-To-Geek to create the toolbar.

PS.: the new Windows 8 UI (formerly called Metro ) is just the backside of the desktop, it is nearly useless for Desktop Users.





2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Bernd!

    I dont like Metro for Desktop-Workplaces!
    Thumbs up for this Article !
    I Share it on my Facebook and Google+ Accounts!
    Danke das du mich in deiner Blog roll erwähnst !

    Peter Kriegel
    http://www.admin-source.de

    AntwortenLöschen